Welcome to Woodbridge Movers, we offer the a variety of options to all our customers in Woodbridge area when it comes to moving their belongings. We’re the number one Moving Company in Woodbridge area and we’re always available 24/7 to meet all your moving needs. If you are looking for a low cost moving, we’ll give you a free quote that will show you how much you can save. Here at Woodbridge Movers, we’re the right place for anyone looking to get a 100% quality service and great savings. In the last decade Woodbridge Movers has been providing moving and storage services at affordable prices to the Residential and Commercial communities in Virginia. Individuals looking to move overseas can also benefit from the expert advice and quality available in Woodbridge moving company. Our movers are hardworking, experienced, honest, dependable, reliable and courteous professionals in the industry. Our competitive rates and high standards make us the most wanted movers in Woodbridge area.
Our Woodbridge Moving Company is a large family owned company in the Woodbridge area. We are your best choice if you are looking for local, long distant moving and storage services in Woodbridge area, we have got you covered. We serve our customers with the highest standard of professional service at a very low rate. That’s why we get referrals from friends, neighbors, customers and even co-workers looking for professional moving company. Woodbridge Movers is heavily supplied with all the items you will ever want or should have for moving to give you the peace of mind you deserve. At Woodbridge Moving, making your move effortless and meeting all your specific needs is our goal. Experience has shown that providing short and long-distance moves, corporate relocation and storage solutions is one of the keys to fully serving our customers. Our movers are equipped to help with anything you might need. At Woodbridge Movers, we take a flexible approach to every kind of moving requirement. We are one of a kind moving company and we have our friendly customer service waiting for you to call and assist you with all your moving in Woodbridge area. Our greatest happines is a satisfaction customer and we maintain intergrity and honesty with all our business relationships.
3 weeks before moving:
- Walk through your home/office space, (include the attic, garage, storage space etc.) to determine what items you will be shipping.
- Start setting aside any items you do not want to take with you. A couple of great ways to get rid of these items are to hold a garage sale or donate them to your local Goodwill or Salvation Army. Remember that reducing your shipment size will reduce your moving costs.
- Make a list of what you are bringing with you in your personal vehicle or suitcase.
- Figure out the replacement value of all your belongings for insurance purposes.
- Find out where to dispose of household chemicals like old paint, and start getting those items together so they can be disposed of properly prior to your move.
- If you’re moving out of state, make sure you find out about auto licensing and insurance
- If you’re moving in-state, make sure you schedule an appointment with the DMV so you can change your address on your driver’s license.
- If you’re moving out-of-state, be sure to check the requirements of your new location to determine their guidelines for obtaining a license in that state.
- If pertinent, make sure to notify your kids’ schools and have their records transferred to their new schools
- Make any necessary hotel and airline reservations
- Go through all your belongings and make sure you return library books or any other borrowed items.
- Collect all the items you may have loaned out such as books, movies, etc.
- Contact your utility company and arrange for the gas, electric and other utilities to be disconnected.
- Don’t forget to make arrangements to connect utilities at your new place.
- Arrange to have any major appliances prepared for the move.
1 week before moving:
- Get rid of all flammable or hazardous materials and make sure they are disposed of properly.
- Put aside anything that you are bringing with you in the car or plane.
- Close/transfer bank accounts (if switching banks) and order checks with your new address.
- Send out change of address cards to friends, relatives, neighbors, organizations, and so on.
- Arrange for removal of any “installed items” you’re bringing with you like a TV antenna or shelves.
- Pack a suitcase with the clothes and toiletries you’ll need the first day in your new home.
- Pack a special box with other essentials you’ll need for the first few days. (Make sure to mark this box “Do Not Move”).
Day before the move:
- Make sure that all cable equipment has been returned.
- Take down curtains and curtain rods.
- Empty, defrost and clean your refrigerator. Make sure it has at least 24 hours to air dry.
- Clean and air your stove.
- Fill out an IRS change of address form.
- Pack your personal belongings.
- Get copies of your medical and dental records (if needed).
- Get copies of veterinary records (if needed).
- Collect all keys to anything that locks, and make sure you place them in a safe place.
- Take all the linens off you beds but leave them intact. We will dismantle them.
- Make sure you are home when the movers arrive, as you will need to sign an inventory.
- Walk around with the movers while they do the inventory.
- Make sure everything is ready for the move.
- It’s important to remember that you need to keep your signed bill of lading and inventory in an easily accessible place.
- Ensure the driver has the correct delivery address and phone number, and confirm the expected delivery time with the driver.
- Before you leave, do a final walk through of every room, making sure you check all closets and cabinets.